Camps-Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Click here to See Statement From Union On Camps.

Port Mellon Camp has been inspected and approved by the BC Building Trades Inspection Committee. This means the employer can call this a camp job. If you don’t want to stay in this camp don’t accept the work. If you accept the work and are in camp, and the camp falls below the standards of the camp agreement or any health, fire, sanitary or other regulations and law you can refuse to live in the accommodations. If that happens check with the hall or President and ask for LOA or Room and meal allowance. Follow the link above to see the details, especially of what is required in camp for food services (Camp Rules and Regs.)